Back drop

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I've been at this mountain long enough!

There is a point in the Old Testament when Moses and his folks have been at the foot of a mountain for quite a while. As usual, they were complaining about it and trying to figure out what to do about it. Probably hoping for another Red Sea Miracle....and that God would just flatten it out for them so that they could just walk on over. Finally, God had just had enough and He said...."Look, You have been at this mountain long enough. Now do something!! It's time. It's not moving. You can either go over it or go around it or sit at the bottom and learn to accept the fact that this is where you are this is the view you have and just live with it!"

To be truthful, God didn't exactly say ALL of that....I took a few liberties...but in essence that is what He meant. You've got this mountain in front of you. You don't like it...so do something and quit complaining.

Well, I've had a mountain and here it is...............

This is the view from my "new, at home, office". If you are wondering if we have a very skinny woman stuck into the side of our house, never fear. Those are simply panty hose that "The Rev" has put over the dryer vent so that it will not get gook into our ac. Where on earth do you think he found those things? I didn't even know they made panty hose anymore?

Now, I have always wanted to be able to pull my desk up to a window with a view while I "work". After all, Mrs. Rawlings had Cross Creek, Beatrix Potter had Hill Top. And I have a pair of panty hose waving in the breeze......well if the dryer is on they are waving....otherwise they just sort of hang there.

Today was my day. I had been at this mountain long enough. I pulled my desk from one side of the room and placed it squarely in front of the window facing that mountain, jumped into the jeep, and headed to Home Depot.

After a few bucks, some sweat and dirt..........I now have this view

I need to make a few adjustments to the plants to cover some of the mountain peeping through...but I have a hummingbird feeder and a bird feeder right on my window. Hopefully, I will have some winged visitors.

OK, ....one mountain down..........................

Hugs,
Cindy

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh my goodness I laughed thinking about those panty hose flopping around when the dryer is on! You did a fantastic job of hiding the ac and the panty hose! Your view is MUCH better!

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

Good for you! And a good reminder for me. My desk sits in front of a window where I can see squirrels, birds and even deer and wild turkey on occassion. Since i got my laptop a few months ago, I usually sit in the living room. I need to get myself back in front of that window!